Tripod Theta is a Bakugan Trap that is gigantic in size and very threatening. He can suck up his challenger's energy with a special suction beam. He resembles a Sea God, with his trident staff that emits a triple laser beam attack. Three large concrete triangles protect his chest from harm.
It hasn't been seen since its introduction, possibly because Shun and Ingram fried it like Altair, Dryoid and Farbros as it was shown having smoke coming out of it after Mylene lost. It has Aquos, Ventus and Darkus abilities. If Shun did destroy it, it is ironic as he and Ingram are supposed to protect the Bakugan, though since it's created by the Vexos, it can be assumed that it pledged its loyalty to the Vexos and therefore was an enemy of the Brawlers. It was the first Trap to appear in the anime as well as the first to use attributes other than its own.
- Ability Cards
- Life Ripple: Summons the energy bodies of the fallen Bakugan. Each body gives Tripod Theta 100 Gs (Darkus).
- Power Merge: Reduces the opponent's Power Level to 0.
- Octo-Whip: Prevents the opponent from using an ability.
- Tripod Theta is the Bakugan Trap that resembles the humanoid form the most.
- All Bakugan that have "Tripod" in their names, have a Greek letter for the rest of their name (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta etc.). For example: Tripod Theta, Tripod Epsilon.
- He is part of the Mechtanium Surge BakuSteel Trap series with the other triads.
- It may be possible that if or when Theta was a regular Bakugan, he was an attribute changer since he has Aquos, Ventus, and Darkus abilities - the same as Elfin. But this was never proven anywhere. On the other hand, he may have been a trap all his life.
- He has been mistaken with Tripod Epsilon, as seen in Elfin On the Run.
- In the Japanese version, itself and Tripod Theta switched names.