Starter Packs contain three Bakugan provided for the battler to have a complete Bakugan arsenal. Two of those three Bakugan are open. It contains three Gate Cards and three Ability Cards. There is also a rulebook to show the customer how to battle. Usually, if there is a Special Treatment or a Bakugan that has a Character Card, that card will be included in the Starter Pack. Packs that have the same Bakugan have the same cards.
- The Gundalian Invaders version of Starter Packs is called BakuTriad and the Mechtanium Surge version is BakuTrinity.
- There is a blunder on the New Vestroia Starter Pack; the Dragonoid on the back only has two horns, not three.
- Normally, the closed Bakugan has higher Gs than the rest.
- In the original B1 starter packs, they had three Bakugan of the same Attribute.
- European GI BakuTriads come with three Bakugan, three Metal Gate Cards, and six Ability Cards.
- Currently, you can get any special treatment type Bakugan in a Starter Pack.