Saurus (ザウラス Zaurasu) is a humanoid triceratops-like Bakugan, with armor that stands on two legs. His armor looks like an ancient battle clothing.
Saurus is a tough Bakugan that attacks his enemy's head and has a straightforward fighting style. Saurus has a quick temper and can break the ground in two with mighty punches, also, if his horns break off, they will instantly grow back. It is almost impossible to knock Saurus down as he is extremely heavy.
Dan Kuso used a Pyrus Saurus in many episodes. Unfortunately, it was sent to the Doom Dimension. Runo Misaki has a talking Haos Saurus (acting as a Minor Guardian) and another Haos Saurus is shown entrapped in earth on the Subterra/Haos plane of Vestroia in episode 42. Jewls, Shuji, and Akira all had Subterra ones. An Aquos, Ventus, and Darkus Saurus were seen on a Michael Gehabich video.
A Pyrus Saurus appeared in the beginning of the second season along with Aquos Sirenoid and Darkus Juggernoid when the Vestals first began invading New Vestroia. An unnamed Vestal Brawler used a second Pyrus Saurus when battling Spectra with Viper Helios and lost. Another Pyrus Saurus was seen on Spectra's computer screen for a brief moment while Mira looked through it.
- Ability Cards
- Saurus Glow: Adds 50 Gs to Saurus.
- Fire Wall: Nullifies the opponent's ability and transfers 50 Gs from the opponent to Saurus. (Pyrus)
- Shade Ability: Nullifies the opponent's abilities. (Haos)
- Rapid Haos: Adds a Haos Bakugan to the brawl. (Haos)
- Rapid Pyrus: Adds a Pyrus Bakugan to the brawl. (Pyrus)
- Power Charge: Adds 100 Gs to Saurus and allows him to attack from any part of a field. (Pyrus)
- Saurus is depicted on the card Juggernaut under its previous pseudonym.