This page is/was once a Featured Article
Rubanoid (Japanese version Rubianoid (ルビアノイド, Rubianoido?)) is a ruby coated dragon-like Bakugan. He was used by Sid Arkale, but then entrusted to Ren after Sid passed away. Ren then went on to give it to Linus Claude as his new Guardian Bakugan after the loss of Neo Ziperator.
Crimson armor protects Rubanoid effectively from attacks. He shoots red energy waves from his mouth and attacks by shooting hard blades fast and mercilessly. His Battle Gear is Destrakon Gear. He, like other Gundalian Bakugan, have a great hatred of Drago up until the final events of Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders.
He appeared again in Hostile Takeover fighting alongside Buz Hornix against Coredem and Akwimos. He and Sid lost, but they told the brawlers their secret, which was to stall time so that Ren could kick the brawlers out of Bakugan Interspace and not allow anyone from the outside of Bakugan Interspace to come in except the Gundalians and their brainwashed human army.
In The Element, he appeared to face Drago and lost when Drago evolved after merging with the Element, back in Gundalia after Emperor Barodius dismissed Sid, Rubanoid was furious saying that their loyalty and services demands respect, but was knocked out by Krakix and Kazarina said that she could use him in her experiments before transporting him. He was transported to her lab for experiments.
In Sid Returns, Sid, Lena, Jesse, and Zenet were shown to not be dead but trapped in Kazarina's Lab. Sid and Rubanoid were the only ones to escape. He then battles alongside Ren and Linehalt against Dan and Drago. After losing, he was given to Ren before Sid was disposed of.
In the Japanese version of Dream Escape, he appeared in a special tank with Linus because he was badly damaged by Aranaut's Battle Crusher attack in Forgiveness.
In Destiny Revealed, he decides to stay on Neathia as a Castle Knight along with Linus Claude.
- Ability Cards
- Corundum Tusk: Adds 300 Gs to Rubanoid.
- Joule Deeper: Adds 400 Gs to Rubanoid.
- Mirage Field: Nullifies the opponent's ability and prevents them from activating new ones.
- Crimson Defense: Nullifies the opponent's ability.
- Scarlet Plate: Transfers 300 Gs from the opponent to Rubanoid.
- Red Deeper: Subtracts 400 Gs from the opponent.
It seems to be a mixture of Hawktor and Ravenoid in ball form. In Bakugan form, it looks like a dragon made of jewels. After pressing down its wings, Battle Gear can be mounted on its back like other Gundalian Invaders Bakugan. The Aquos version has 900 Gs or 620 Gs if translucent. The Darkus version has 790 Gs, 750 Gs in the BakuBoost and rarely with 850 and 920 Gs, the Haos version has 790, 630, and rarely 900 Gs and the Subterra version has 800 Gs. The Ventus version has 780 Gs. The Pyrus version has 750 Gs and there are some with rare 850 Gs. The Crimson and Pearl Subterra version has 800 Gs. The BakuBlue version has 890 Gs. It was released in every Attribute. It is in the BakuExo-Skin series due to his textureless skin. He was released in Wave 3.
In Japan, the Pyrus version in CS-009 has 540 Gs.
- Rubanoid is one of the two only non-Mechanical Bakugan illustrated with computer graphics. The other is Dragonoid Colossus.
- Rubanoid is probably based off the precious gem for which he is named after, Ruby.
- Rubanoid is the only Bakugan to appear as translucent in the anime.
- Like Phosphos, his name sounds similar to an element on the Periodic Table of Elements, Rubidium.
- Strangely, he and Viper Helios have the same attack action on Bakugan Dimensions.
- Along with Aranaut, he is the only Bakugan that had three owners.
- Coincidentally, both of their first brawlers are deceased and the second one gave it to a Castle Knight.