|First appearance||Masquerade Ball|
Reaper (Japanese version 'Lucifer' (ルシフェル Rushiferu)) is a Grim Reaper-like Bakugan, originally owned by Masquerade. It was one of Masquerade’s primary battling Bakugan until it was sent to the Doom Dimension.
Filled with rage that grows deep within, Reaper methodically plans his revenge on his foes. In battle, it maniacally delivers striking blow after blow with its sickle with brutal force. It resembles a horned humanoid skeleton and has deadly long wings for quick maneuverability and pointy fighting horns on its head.
He follows Masquerade and was shown to have no problems with killing other Bakugan, causing him to form a rivalry with Drago. After a few battles against Dan Kuso, he still couldn't accept that Masquerade was merely tricking him. Despite his loyalty towards Masquerade, he was replaced by Hydranoid when Masquerade sent him to the Doom Dimension on purpose just to attempt to send Drago to the Doom Dimension, failing and having Reaper go in vain, having him speak against Masquerade and threatening him before he leaves. He then made a minor appearance when Drago was in the Doom Dimension. He was thinner and missing an eye (a visible scar present above and below) and had a broken horn. He was missing the eye and horn on the opposite sides of his head (right and left) respectively. His wings were ripped and tattered.
- Ability Cards
- Dimension Four: Nullifies the opponent's Gate Card. (Darkus)
- Double Dimension (Dual Dimension): Nullifies the opponent's ability. (Darkus)
Reaper is available in all attributes except Pyrus in the first video game. It starts with 290 Gs and is very common amongst Darkus brawlers.
- Reaper might be inspired from the fallen angel/demon form of Lucifer or the Grim Reaper. Most likely a combination of both as his body resembles that of the Devil but he has a skull face and carries a scythe like the Grim Reaper. Additionally, Reaper was described as an 'evil angel' in the Japanese patent of Bakugan.
- In the Japanese version, Hydranoid impaled Reaper with his tail before sending him to the Doom Dimension. It was likely cut because it was considered too violent for children.
- Masquerade entrusted Reaper to Ryo because he didn't have a Bakugan. But after he lost, Reaper returned to Masquerade. It was the only battle Reaper actually lost.
|Bakugan types (Bakugan Battle Brawlers)|
Apollonir · Bee Striker · Blade Tigrerra · Centipoid · Centorrior · Clayf · Cycloid · Dragonoid · Druman · El Condor · Exedra · Falconeer · Fear Ripper · Fifth Paladin · Fourtress · Frosch · Gargonoid · Gorem · Griffon · Hairadee · Hammer Gorem · Harpus · Hydranoid · Hynoid · Infinity Dragonoid · Juggernoid · Lars Lion · Laserman · Limulus · Manion · Mantris · Monarus · Naga · Oberus · Perfect Dragonoid · Preyas Angelo · Preyas Diablo · Rabeeder · Rattleoid · Ravenoid · Reaper · Robotallion · Saurus · Serpenoid · Siege · Silent Naga · Sirenoid · Stinglash · Tayghen · Tentaclear · Terrorclaw · Tigrerra · Tricloid · Tuskor · Ultimate Dragonoid · Warius · Wavern · Wormquake
|Video Game Exclusive|