Monarus is a Bakugan that resembles a butterfly. It is one of the fastest Bakugan thanks to its large wings and ultra light weight. It has the ability to fly beyond Gate Cards. Its enormous butterfly wings create a mighty hurricane wind to defeat opponents.
Bakugan Official Handbook
Don't let the pretty Monarus fool you. Just because this Bakugan resembles a butterfly with its beautiful wings doesn't mean it can't do real damage in a brawl.
Bakugan Ultimate Handbook
This Bakugan looks like a beautiful butterfly, but don't be fooled by its good looks. When it flaps its wings, it can create a mighty hurricane wind to blow its opponents away! Lightweight Monarus is a super fast flyer, and it can soar right over a Gate card to escape its effects.
- Scarlet Twister (Crimson Twister): Monarus can move any Bakugan on the field to any Gate Card, but defeats Monarus if the Bakugan that was moved was about to being defeated by another Bakugan.
- Air Battle: Monarus can fly beyond Gate Cards and nullifies the Gate Cards that it lands on. (Ventus)
- Blow Away: Moves the opponent to another Gate Card. (Ventus)
- Backdraft: Removes Monarus or the opponent Bakugan from the current brawl, making the battle a tie. (Ventus)
|Pyrus:||470 Gs (Pearl), 700 Gs|
|Ventus:||200 Gs (Japan), 380 Gs (Japan), 440 Gs (Pearl), 560 Gs, 640 Gs (Pearl)|
In Japan, its Ventus version in BCV-07 comes with 200 Gs or 380 Gs.
Bakugan Battle Brawlers
Monarus is available in Pyrus, Ventus, and Haos. Chan Lee and Dan use a Pyrus Monarus, Runo and Julio both have Haos Monarus, and Shun and Komba both have Ventus Monarus. Monarus starts with 300 Gs when purchased, making it the second strongest non-Guardian Bakugan in the video game, the first being Laserman with 320 Gs.
Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Battle Trainer
Monarus is available in Bakugan Battle Brawlers: Battle Trainer. Ventus Monarus is unlocked after beating Arena 15.
- Its name and appearance are based on the Monarch Butterfly.
- There are a variety of things about Monarus that change, such as, the ovals on the back of its wings sometimes vanish, they are also sometimes diamond-shaped, also the yellow is sometimes close together, or spread out, its head is sometimes smaller, sometimes one of its eyes is bigger than the other, and a few other things.
- In the DS version of the Video Game, a Pyrus Monarus is orange with red on the top screen, but it is red with orange on the touch screen, a Haos Monarus has a bit of an inverted color scheme and a Ventus Monarus appears normal, probably because it is Ventus in the anime.
- In the anime, Ventus Monarus has red eyes, but while in the game, it has yellow eyes.
- Monarus and Ravenoid are the only two minor Bakugan from season 1 that have an game exclusive evolution in season 2.
- Monarus' rising battle cry in the Wii video game sounds like something Sirenoid might make.