|First appearance||Just For the Shun of it|
Monarus (Japanese version Fairy (フェアリー Fearī)) is a butterfly-like Bakugan.
Monarus is a butterfly-like Bakugan. Monarus, like other Ventus attributed Bakugan, is one of the fastest Bakugan thanks to its large wings and ultra light weight. It has the ability to fly beyond Gate Cards. Its enormous butterfly wings can create a mighty hurricane wind to defeat it's opponents.
- Ability Cards
- Scarlet Twister (Crimson Twister): Monarus can move any Bakugan on the field to any Gate Card, but defeats Monarus if the Bakugan that was moved was about to being defeated by another Bakugan.
- Air Battle: Monarus can fly beyond Gate Cards and nullifies the Gate Cards that it lands on. (Ventus)
- Blow Away: Moves the opponent to another Gate Card. (Ventus)
Monarus is available in Pyrus, Ventus, and Haos for the first video game. Chan Lee and Dan use a Pyrus Monarus, Runo and Julio both have Haos Monarus, and Shun and Komba both have Ventus Monarus. Monarus starts with 300 Gs when purchased, making it the second strongest non-Guardian Bakugan in the video game, the first being Laserman with 320 Gs.
- Its name and appearance are based on the Monarch Butterfly.
- There are a variety of things about Monarus that change, such as, the ovals on the back of its wings sometimes vanish, they are also sometimes diamond-shaped, also the yellow is sometimes close together, or spread out, its head is sometimes smaller, sometimes one of its eyes is bigger than the other, and a few other things.
- In the DS version of the Video Game, a Pyrus Monarus is orange with red on the top screen, but it is red with orange on the touch screen, a Haos Monarus has a bit of an inverted color scheme and a Ventus Monarus appears normal, probably because it is Ventus in the anime.
- In the anime, Ventus Monarus has red eyes, but while in the game, it has yellow eyes.
- Monarus and Ravenoid are the only two minor Bakugan from season 1 that have an game exclusive evolution in season 2.
- Monarus' rising battle cry in the Wii video game sounds like something Sirenoid might make.
|Bakugan types (Bakugan Battle Brawlers)|
Apollonir · Bee Striker · Blade Tigrerra · Centipoid · Centorrior · Clayf · Cycloid · Dragonoid · Druman · El Condor · Exedra · Falconeer · Fear Ripper · Fifth Paladin · Fourtress · Frosch · Gargonoid · Gorem · Griffon · Hairadee · Hammer Gorem · Harpus · Hydranoid · Hynoid · Infinity Dragonoid · Juggernoid · Lars Lion · Laserman · Limulus · Manion · Mantris · Monarus · Naga · Oberus · Perfect Dragonoid · Preyas Angelo · Preyas Diablo · Rabeeder · Rattleoid · Ravenoid · Reaper · Robotallion · Saurus · Serpenoid · Siege · Silent Naga · Sirenoid · Stinglash · Tayghen · Tentaclear · Terrorclaw · Tigrerra · Tricloid · Tuskor · Ultimate Dragonoid · Warius · Wavern · Wormquake
|Video Game Exclusive|