|“||It's an honor to be hammered by the mighty Brontes!||”|
|First appearance||Freedom Run|
Mega Brontes is the evolved version of Brontes, and is twice his original size. With his new metal-plated armor he can withstand multiple blows during battle, and his clawed hands grip a battler like a vice. He is now one of the quickest Bakugan, which makes him difficult to capture.
In episode 22, he faces Mega Nemus and easily defeats him in the first round, but was defeated in the last two rounds.
- Ability Cards
- Maniactus Magical (Loony Magical): Nullifies the opponent's ability, their Gate Card, and adds 200 Gs to Mega Brontes. (Haos)
- Ghost Cell: Subtracts 100 Gs from the opponent.
- Darkus Scythe: Subtracts 200 Gs from the opponent. (Darkus)
- Jeer Frontier: Prevents the opponents from activating any abilities and subtracts 200 Gs from the opponent. (Haos)
- Darkus Howl Trigger: Subtracts 200 Gs from the opponent. (Darkus)
- Desert Python: Adds 200 Gs to Mega Brontes. (Haos)
- Aurora Dimension: Adds 100 Gs to Mega Brontes and combines Dynamo and his power level. (Darkus)
Mega Brontes has a goofy and foolish personality which resembles that of a stereotypical clown. He seems to overestimate his abilities which is evident during his battles with Percival and Mega Nemus. During his battle with the latter, Brontes overconfidence is displayed when he asks Percival that if he was not wimping out on him as well as saying "The only illusion here was ever thinking you could defeat me" during his fight with Mega Nemus. Aside from his overconfidence, he is also shown to have to have a opposite personality compared to his partner Volt in terms of respect; he tends to inveigh his opponents whereas Volt treats them with utmost respect. Lastly, his personality seems to shift depending on the situation of a brawl; when he is on the brim to victory he tends to brag and when he is on the verge of losing a brawl he acts immature. His immaturity caused by the loss of his brawls is best shown during his brawl with Elfin when the Aquos Bakugan utilized her Shooting Stardust ability. His retaliation to this is shown when he claims he is injured simply by repeatedly saying "Ow!".
- Mega Brontes and its evolutions are the only Haos Bakugan that can use Darkus abilities without attribute changing.
- The scythe Mega Brontes uses looks very similar to the one Reaper wields.
- Like all variations of Brontes and Mega Brontes' ball form seems to copy Nemus and Mega Nemus' ball form respectively.