In Bakugan form, Mantris is a huge Bakugan based solely on the appearance of a praying mantis. It has blades set into its feet and eyes that can see behind its head. It strikes with remarkable speed to eliminate its enemies. Mantris also has a large backside a bit like a bee stinger and is used for defense.
Bakugan Official Handbook
The stealthy Mantris can easily sneak up on its prey and pounce. Once this Bakugan has got its sharp claws into you, you won't stand a chance!
Bakugan Ultimate Handbook
You'll need more than bug spray to take down this Bakugan. Mantris has eyes in the back of its head so it can see enemies sneaking up from behind. It attacks swiftly with the sharp blades on its feet.
Mantris is a very common Bakugan. A Pyrus Mantris is owned by Dan and so does Tatsuya. Travis, Masquerade, Kenji, and Ryo all have a Darkus Mantris. Shuji owns a Subterra Mantris and Alice used a Subterra Mantris in her fight against Klaus. Runo had a Haos Mantris, Shuji also owns a Haos Mantris, and another Haos one was shown briefly a flashback. A Ventus one is seen in episode 45. An Aquos Mantris is seen on Klaus' wall decoration.
- Ability Cards
- Slice Cutter: Subtracts 50 Gs from the opponent. (Subterra|BB01, Darkus, Pyrus)
- Twin Machete: Adds 100 Gs to Mantris. (Darkus)
- Marionette: Mantris can move any Bakugan to any Gate Card that its owner chooses. (Darkus, Pyrus)
- Sling Blazer: Enables Mantris to move any Bakugan to any adjacent Gate Card that its owner chooses. (Darkus, Pyrus)
- Doom Companion: Removes an opponent Bakugan and Mantris from an ongoing battle. (Darkus)
- In the anime, Mantris was seen in all six attributes.
- Mantris was the first Bakugan to appear in Bakugan form in the anime.