|First appearance||The Battle Begins|
Mantris (Japanese version Mantis (マンティス Mantisu)) is a mantis-like Bakugan.
In Bakugan form, Mantris is a huge Bakugan based solely on the appearance of a praying mantis. It has blades set into its feet and eyes that can see behind its head. It strikes with remarkable speed to eliminate its enemies. Mantris also has a large backside a bit like a bee stinger and is used for defense.
Mantris is a very common Bakugan. A Pyrus Mantris is owned by Dan and so does Tatsuya. Travis, Masquerade, Kenji, and Ryo all have a Darkus Mantris. Shuji owns a Subterra Mantris and Alice used a Subterra Mantris in her fight against Klaus. Runo had a Haos Mantris, Shuji also owns a Haos Mantris, and another Haos one was shown briefly a flashback. A Ventus one is seen in episode 45. An Aquos Mantris is seen on Klaus' wall decoration.
- Ability Cards
- Slice Cutter: Subtracts 50 Gs from the opponent. (Subterra|BB01, Darkus, Pyrus)
- Twin Machete: Adds 100 Gs to Mantris. (Darkus)
- Marionette: Mantris can move any Bakugan to any Gate Card that its owner chooses. (Darkus, Pyrus)
- Sling Blazer: Enables Mantris to move any Bakugan to any adjacent Gate Card that its owner chooses. (Darkus, Pyrus)
- Doom Companion: Removes an opponent Bakugan and Mantris from an on-going battle. (Darkus)
- In the anime, Mantris was seen in all six attributes.
- Mantris was the first Bakugan to appear outside of Ball mode in the anime.