Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||You're just as easy to control as those kids we stole from Earth!||”|
|Battle Gear||Barias Gear|
|First appearance||Final Fury|
|Voiced by||Dan Petronijevic (English)|
Lumagrowl was partners with Kazarina of the Twelve Orders. He hardly ever shows emotion, making it difficult to tell what he's thinking. The swords, which equip onto Lumagrowl's tail, attack all round from close to intermediate range making it a lethal foe. Spreading out the tails in a specific way unleashes a strong lightning bolt to immobilize opponents. He also creates a cage around his body with the tail, which illuminates and blocks the opponent's attack. He maintains a large rivalry with Aranaut, which comes to a head when they battle on Gundalia, but he does show a sense of honor when he surrenders after Kazarina's death.
In Final Fury, Lumagrowl is first seen at war with the Neathians, fighting alongside Dharak, Strikeflier, Sabator, Lythirus, and Krakix on the transmission Professor Clay received from an unknown source.
In A New Beginning, he is seen in Dan's illusion alongside each of the other Twelve Orders' Bakugan.
In The Sacred Orb, he battles Aranaut and Raptorix alongside Krakix during the Twelve Orders' attack on the second shield. He appears to be performing competently until the Sacred Orb sends all the Gundalians back to Gundalia.
In Battle For the Second Shield, he battles Lumino Dragonoid alongside Phosphos. He wins the first round but loses in the second round due to Dan and Hawktor appearing to aid Lumino Dragonoid. Shun and Dan quickly switch their Bakugan back and Lumagrowl is almost effortlessly defeated by Drago. Later, as Lena attempts to use Phosphos to ambush Kazarina for attempting to eliminate her, Lumagrowl appears to defend his mistress by intercepting Phosphos's attack and returning him to ball form.
In Dragonoid Colossus, he defeats Aranaut but is immediately beaten by Hawktor in retaliation.
In Redemption, he battles Aranaut and Sabator alongside Lythirus. During the second round, as he and Lythirus begin to lose momentum against their opponents, they are joined by Phosphos, Contestir, and Plitheon, who tilt the odds back in their favor. He later retreats alongside all of his teammates, barring Stoica and Lythirus, who use an ability called Death End Merman to submerge the battlefield and drown their adversaries.
In Dream Escape, he briefly brawls against Aranaut. After Blitz Dragonoid and Coredem join the battle, Lumagrowl flees before later ambushing them with a Level 2 ability from his Barias Gear. He later confronts Dragonoid Colossus alongside Lythirus, Strikeflier and Krakix.
In Gundalian Showdown, he battles Blitz Dragonoid, Dragonoid Colossus, Akwimos, Hawktor, Aranaut, Linehalt, and Coredem alongside Krakix, Strikeflier, and Lythirus. His associates are defeated, but as the Brawlers retreat, he grabs hold of Aranaut to prevent him from leaving, resulting in a brawl between the two. During the fight, Kazarina becomes impatient when Lumagrowl fails to quickly defeat Aranaut and summons a group of Impalaton Mobile Assaults.
In Broken Spell, he continues his endgame with Aranaut. When Kazarina activates Barias Gear Lightning Lumagrowl defies her by focusing his attack on her back-up Mobile Assaults, prompting his brawler to leave him to battle alone. He quickly gains an upper hand, appearing to be close to victory until he discovers Kazarina's death. Distracted by the revelation, he is struck down by a powerful blow from Aranaut and subsequently surrenders. Lumagrowl then walks off into the shadows with Kazarina's body, mourning the loss of his partner.
- Ability Cards
- Arcadia Sword: Has two different effects. (The brawler decides what effect it does).
- Transfers 500 Gs from the opponent to Lumagrowl.
- Nullifies the opponent's ability.
- Fang Dome: Adds 300 Gs to Lumagrowl.
- Flashing Peaker: Nullifies the opponent's ability. (The ability can only be activated if Lumagrowl makes physical contact with his opponent.)
- Spiral Blade: Transfers 300 Gs from the opponent to Lumagrowl.
- Blade Fantasma (Plain Fantasma): Subtracts 400 Gs from the opponent.
- Wolf Howler: Subtracts 500 Gs from each opponent.
- Garm Shield (Garm Shield, Guard Palan, Guard Place, Garuru Shield (Japanese version)): Nullifies the opponent's ability.
- Skoll Fang: Subtracts 300 Gs from the opponent.
- Deadly Fantasma (Death Fantasma): Transfers 400 Gs from the opponent to Lumagrowl.
- Time Warp: Resets the brawl to a point in the past, nullifying all Ability, Gate, or Battle Gear effects that occurred after the designated point in time. The brawler decides when the brawl resets to.
Its Pyrus version comes in two variations, with 650 Gs in BakuTriad and 800 Gs in the BakuBoost + Super Assault pack. The Subterra version comes with 680 Gs in BakuTriad. Its Haos version comes in seven variations, with rarely 900 but most of the time 770, 630, or 800 Gs in BakuBoost, 630 or 660 Gs in BakuTriad and 700 or 660 Gs in a Bakugan Battle Arena. Its Clear comes in one variation with 780 or 700 Gs. Its Darkus version comes in only one variation, with 700 Gs in BakuTins. Its Aquos version comes in five variations, with 600/730/740 Gs in BakuTriad/Game Pack and 730 or 700 Gs in BakuBoost. Its Ventus version comes in two variations, with 730 or 780 Gs. Its BakuCamo version has 790 Gs. The Haos version included in the Bakugan vs Marvel pack with Red Skull comes with 930 Gs.
- Lumagrowl partially resembles Ninetales from Pokémon, the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox from Naruto and Kyubimon from Digimon. Each of them are based on kitsune, from traditional Japanese folklore.
- Although Bakugan don't usually have pegs for Battle Gear in the anime, Lumagrowl is one of the few exceptions.
- He is the third Bakugan whose original partner has died. The first is Aranaut and the second is Rubanoid.
- As of the endings to Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders and Bakugan: Mechtanium Surge, Lumagrowl is the only surviving member of the Major Twelve Orders, barring Nurzak and Sabator, who defected to Neathia's side.