The following are the Gate Cards used in the anime:
The Gate Cards from the first season consists of attribute, command, and character cards. These are the following:
- Attribute Normal (G-Power Boost): Adds 300 Gs to any Attribute Bakugan on the Gate Card.
- Pyrus Normal: Adds 100 Gs to any Pyrus Bakugan on the Gate Card.
- Subterra Normal: Adds 150 Gs to any Subterra Bakugan on the Gate Card.
- Haos Normal: Adds 100 Gs to any Haos Bakugan on the Gate Card.
- Darkus Normal: Adds 80 Gs to any Darkus Bakugan on the Gate Card.
- Aquos Normal: Adds 100 Gs to any Aquos Bakugan on the Gate Card.
- Ventus Normal: Adds 100 Gs to any Ventus Bakugan on the Gate Card.
- Character: Doubles any Bakugan's Power Level if it is the correct corresponding Bakugan for the card.
- Double Battle: Adds one Bakugan to the field from both players' sides.
- Quartet Battle: Battle is placed on hold until the card has four Bakugan.
- Fire Storm: Adds 100 Gs to any Pyrus and Ventus Bakugan.
- Intercept: Stops two Bakugan from brawling, and the owner of this card may add another Bakugan in the battle.
- Mind Ghost: When two Bakugan stand on the card no matter which side they are they both lose.
- Pyrus (Super Pyrus, Supernova in the Japanese version): Swaps the G-Power of your Bakugan with your opponent.
- Triple Battle: Battle is placed on hold until a third Bakugan is thrown onto the Gate Card.
- Aquos Hazard: Turns all Bakugan on the field to Aquos attribute.
- Raio Hazard (Switchback): Cancels any attribute changes on the field.
- Aqua Merge: Turns every Bakugan on the field except Subterra to the Aquos attribute.
- Subterra Hazard: Turns all Bakugan on the field to Subterra attribute.
- Quicksand Freeze (Frozen Quicksand): The Bakugan that wins on this Gate Card remains on it without being removed.
- Energy Merge (Energy Grab): Transfers 100 Gs from the opponent to the user's Bakugan that is currently on the Gate Card.
- Positive Delta: Subtracts 200 Gs from any Light Bakugan (Pyrus, Aquos, and Haos) if you are using a Dark Bakugan (Ventus, Subterra, and Darkus). If the opponent is using the same type (Light or Dark) of Bakugan as you, your Bakugan loses 200 Gs.
- Hyper Merge (Reinforcement): Transfers 100 Gs from the opponent's Bakugan to the user's.
- Trade Off: If a Bakugan on the field is over 400 Gs, it automatically loses.
- Peacemaker: Returns all battling Bakugan to their player's arsenal.
- Scapegoat: Returns all battling Bakugan to their player's arsenal. The user of this card may then decide if the battle shall end or continue.
- Magma Fuse: After the battle is over, all other Gate Cards and Bakugan are sent back to their owner.
- Joker's Wild: If there is a Darkus Bakugan in the battle, it wins automatically.
- Warp Gate: Warps two Bakugan from one Gate Card to another.
- Cheering Battle: Allows another Bakugan to come into battle, and adds to your first Bakugan an equivalent amount to the difference of power level between your two Bakugan.
- Level Down (Level One): Subtracts 100 Gs from the opponent if it has 400 Gs or more.
- Third Judgment: The battle can only start when there are three Bakugan standing on the Gate Card. A battle ends only when one Bakugan is left standing, even if they are on the same team.
- Final Judgment: When the battle starts, the Bakugan with a different attribute of the owner of this card automatically have the power reduces to 0.
- Warlock: Cancels any of the opponent's abilities.
- Additional Task: The last Bakugan to stand on the Gate Card is sent back to the player.
- Transformation: Your Bakugan's G-Power becomes equal to any other Bakugan you have.
- Grand Spirit: Adds 50 Gs to your Bakugan for every Gate Card on the field.
- Forcement Wind (Wind Forcement): Your Bakugan's power level increases by 100x the number of Bakugan on the field with the same Attribute.
- Revive: All of the user's defeated Bakugan are able to be used again.
- Reloaded: The user Bakugan may steal 100 Gs from any Bakugan on the field.
- Gate Close (only named in the Japanese version): All Bakugan on the field, regardless of what Gate Cards they are on, are returned to their owners.
- Androstasis: Defeated Bakugan are revived at the end of the battle.
- Stray Shot (Battle Sham): Defeats the Bakugan on the next card if there are two Bakugan on this card that are on the same team.
- Revive V2 (Japanse version: Bare Hands): Restores your Gate Cards.
- Ring Of Flame: Adds 80 Gs to your Pyrus Bakugan.
In this season, character cards are not used. Instead, the first arc mosty uses Reactor cards, which is the successor of the attibute cards from the last season. In the second arc, characters starts to use Command Cards again and in BT: The Final Battle introduced Battle Gear Boost Gate Cards.
- Reactor: Adds 50 - 500 Gs to all Bakugan with the same Attribute you said.
- Land Pressure: Subtracts 200 Gs from each opponent and prevents them from moving.
- Spotting Out (known as Devour in the dub (episode 28 only)): Subtracts 500Gs from any Bakugan with the attribute you said.
- Active Ghost: Defeats any opponent Bakugan.
- Silent Land: Prevents the opponent from activating anymore abilities.
- Change Link Force: Reverses the opponent's ability effect.
- Element Merge: Transfers 200 Gs from the opponent to your Bakugan.
- Phantasm (Phantasmorphic): Subtracts 100 Gs from each opponent and petrifies them, disabling movement.
- Ring Zero (Rank Zero/Frame Zero): Nullifies the opponent's abilities and freezes them in place.
- Forcement Enemy: Adds 100 Gs to each of your Bakugan for each Bakugan on your opponent's side.
- Flat Power: Brings all Bakugan G-Powers back to their base levels.
- Transducer: Transfers G-Power from the opponent to your Bakugan by 50 Gs per second.
- Battle Release: Returns all Bakugan on the field back to their owners.
- Power Pressure: If the opponent's Bakugan has more than 400 Gs, they cannot move or activate abilities.
- Enemy Resetter: Nullifies all of the opponent's abilities and activates the level 2 class Battle Gear Ability. (For Helios MK2)
Command Cards are still used in this season, although Reactor gate cards are now used sparingly. The Command Cards from the previous season are still used.
- Freeze Enemy: Subtracts 200 Gs from the opponent and prevents them from activating abilities.
- Enemy Down: Subtracts 300 Gs from each opponent.
- Battle Audience: Changes the attribute of your Bakugan to any attribute you want, nullifies the opponent's ability and subtracts 500 Gs from all opponent Bakugan who don't have the attribute you said.
- Saver: Nullifies the opponent's ability if you are using a Bakugan with the attribute you call out. (Unless the Bakugan is Pyrus.)
- Silent Hanger: Prevents the opponent from moving, and transfers 500 Gs from the opponent to your Bakugan.
- Apoptosis: Reduces all opponent Bakugan's Power Levels to 100 Gs. (For Phosphos)
- Healing Up: Adds 300 Gs to each Bakugan on your team.
- Explode: Nullifies the opponent's ability and brings all Bakugan on your side to their base level(s).
- Misty Solitude: The opponent's Bakugan can't hear anything from their owner; therefore, they can't use their abilities. (Should the owner get close enough to affected Bakugan, they can use abilities again)
- Ansamon Judgement: Brings all opposing Non-Ventus Bakugan to 0 Gs.
- Random Meinzer: Transfers 200 Gs from the opponent to your Bakugan.
- Evil Clear: Nullifies each opponents' ability.
- Capacity Booster (Power Flatter): Brings all Bakugan back to their base level and activates the level 2 class Battle Gear Ability. (For Helix and Lumino Dragonoid)
- Ruby Storm: Adds 400 Gs to Rubanoid and activates the level 2 Battle Gear Ability. (For Rubanoid)
- Gear Barricade: Deactivates the opponent's Battle Gear and activates the Level 2 Class Battle Gear ability. (For Plitheon)
- Solomon Sabreur: Nullifies the opponent's ability, subtracts 200 Gs from each opponent, and activates the Level 2 Class Battle Gear ability. (For Aranaut, Castle Knights)
- Power Ditch: Transfers 500 Gs from the opponent to your Bakugan and activates the Level 2 Class Battle Gear ability. (For Akwimos)
- Silent Stalker: Prevents the opponent from activating abilities, and activates the Level 3 Class Battle Gear ability. (For Sabator)
- Triumph Burning: Nullifies all of the opponent's abilities, returns the opponent's Battle Gear back to their owners, and activates the Level 2 Class Battle Gear Ability. (For Krakix)
- Gaia Enforcement: Prevents the opponent from activating any abilities and activates the Level 2 Class Battle Gear Ability. (For Coredem)
- Anger Sign: Subtracts 100 Gs all other Bakugan on the field and activates the Level 2 Class Battle Gear Ability. (For Contestir)
- Zeno Weakness: Decreases the opponent's G-Power, nullifies their abilities and blocks them from activating new ones, and activates the Level 2 Class Battle Gear Ability. (For Lumagrowl)
Command Cards are once again still used in this season, and Reactor Cards are completely phased out. In addition to the Command Cards from Seasons 2 and 3 still being present, newer, more powerful cards that alter the game or battle in some way are now present.
- Audience Enhancer: Alters the battlefield to make it more advantageous for your Bakugan for the rest of the game.
- Heetmon Meinzer: Increases your Bakugan's power level.
- Pyrus Enforcement: Nullifies the opponent's ability if you are using a Pyrus Bakugan.
- Darkus Nebulous
- Wrecker Freeze: Prevents the opponent from using any abilities they have already used during the battle.
- Dry Delta: Prevents any Aquos abilities from being activated.
- Field Lock: Prevents the opponent from sending in other Bakugan.
- Clip Freeze: Stops the opponent from moving no matter how fierce their attack is.