The Gauntlet is a large bracelet-like device developed by the Vestals to simplify Bakugan brawls. It is used mainly to activate and store Ability Cards and show G-Power in Bakugan: New Vestroia, however it has been shown that (at least some) Gauntlets can also launch Bakugan and Gate Cards.People cannot brawl without these devices in New Vestroia. The brawl will be started when all the battlers shout "Gauntlet Power Strike!" ("Gantoretto Chiyaji-on!" / "Gauntlet Charge-on!" in Japanese), after which, the center of the Gauntlet will flash and the brawl can begin. The device is operated by pressing a button on the tip, and then the compartment that cards go into will open. When the command "scan Bakugan data" is given, an area comes out then the Bakugan is placed on it. They can be used in several ways including starting a battle, putting ability cards in them, checking a Bakugan's stats, has a life force gauge (a.k.a: life points), see who is battling and be used as a sword if a certain card is slotted in. You also need a Gauntlet in order to go through Dr. Michael's Dimension Gate, although it has been destroyed. Gaunlets also have the added ability to stop time around them.
Gaunlets come in the color of the attribute the person uses. Examples are:
The Vexos Gauntlets look the same as other Gauntlets, with the exceptions of having black trim instead of white and three horns on the rear.
Gaunlets can also be used in actual hand-to-hand combat as well as Bakugan battles. To do this, the user must use a certain type of Ability Card which will cause the Gauntlet to project a wide thin beam of energy initially in the shape of a long knife, however the user may at will extend the energy blade. This particular ability debuted in the battle between Spectra Phantom and Cyborg Helios vs Dan Kuso and Neo Dragonoid and has now become a regularly used element in the show. It has also been used by Mylene Pharaoh who used it as a weapon to attack Mira Clay and Keith Clay and by Gus Grav to attack King Zenoheld.
- The Gauntlet's work in a way similar to Duel Disks in the Yu-Gi-Oh! series.
- In Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders, they replaced it with the BakuMeter. Like the gauntlet, the BakuMeter can also open a time-freezing battlefield outside Bakugan Interspace with a push of a few buttons. So far, as of episode 13, only one person is needed to activate the field but at least two people to start the battle.
- The Gauntlet is one of the few real weapons in the series.
- No Battle Gear matching the colors of Aquos or Darkus Bakugan have been summoned from a Gauntlet.
- A different version of the Gauntlet was shown on the Toys R Us website.
- The Gauntlet on the Toys R Us website could possibly be from Europe because the card appears to be a European ability card.
- In the first episode of New Vestroia, the Gauntlet makes a different sound for G-Power increasing than the later episodes.
- When the Gauntlet makes a 'klank' noise, the side panels are clamping to the users wrist.
- Marucho's Gauntlet appears to be the smallest Gauntlet in the anime.
- The Gauntlet is the largest device seen used to start a Bakugan battle in all seasons of the Bakugan TV series.