Betadron is a Baku Sky Raider Bakugan in Bakugan: Mechtanium Surge. He is the leader of the Nonet Bakugan who was banished along with his fellow Nonets and Fury to the darkest depth of the Doom Dimension by Drago's ancestor the Original Dragonoid. He can combine with Kodokor and Mutabrid to form Gliderak. His Battle Suit is Combustoid.
Soaring to extreme heights, Betadron wreaks havoc as one of the most dangerous Baku Sky Raiders. His perfected wings and body structure can fly fast and dodge attacks. And with his cruel look he can bring fear to even the strongest Bakugan.
In Wiseman Cometh, he and the other Nonets were freed from the Doom Dimension by Wiseman after learning that Drago is the descendant of the original Dragonoid who banished the Nonets. After that they fought the Battle Brawlers and he later summoned the evil Mechtogan along with the other Nonets. The Nonets and himself ending up losing as Mechtavius Destroyer was defeated.
In Combination Impossible, he was arguing with Wiseman and was still angry about their losses against the Battle Brawlers.
In Enemy Allies, he appears again, furious at their third loss to the Brawlers. Later he battled the Brawlers alongside with the other Nonets. He was battled Drago and later summoned the evil Mechtogan. After Mechtavius Destroyer lost the battle, he got defeated too.
In Gunz Blazing, he was discussing with the Nonets about who they thought Wiseman was and if they were being used by him.
In Countdown to Doomsday, he battled the Brawlers alongside with the other Nonets with his Battle Suit Combustoid. He later fuses into Gliderak and battled Aeroblitz. He later summoned the evil Mechtogan and was later transported back to Wiseman's base when Mechtavius Destroyer defeated Dragonoid Destroyer.
In The Eve of Extermination, he battled the Brawlers alongside the other Nonets and summoned the evil Mechtogan. He was defeated when Mechtavius Destroyer lost the battle.
In Gunz Lives, he fused into Gliderak and battled Drago, explaining the Nonets' deep desire for his elimination. Instead of completing his goal of defeating Drago, he and all the other Bakugan were defeated by a rampaging Coredegon.
In Doom Dimension Throwdown, he battled Drago for the last time and lost. He then decided to join the Brawlers temporarily.
- Ability Cards
- Night Vizaler
- Black Burn
- Mist Burn
- Orion Shield
- Dark Stream
- Night Phalanx
- Anger Shroud
- Wing Pulsar
The Darkus version has 940 Gs, the Haos version has 900 Gs, the Pyrus version has 950 Gs, the Subterra version has 920 Gs, the Aquos version has 910 Gs, and the Ventus version has 970 Gs. Betadron's ball form in the game has a minor difference to that of its anime counterpart. On its bottom pair of "wings, Betadron's in-game ball form lacks the secondary joints that extend outward.
- His head looks highly similar to Agunimon of Digimon Frontier.
- He seems to be a mix of characters, such as a werewolf/dragon hybrid, his chest is similar to Phantom Dharak, and his face looks slightly similar to Strikeflier's.
- During its release in the Wave 4 set, BrightLight mistakenly called Betadron Kodokor and vice versa. This is likely due to the fact that their ball forms don't show much discrepancy.
- In the anime, Betadron has extra wing extensions on his ball form, whereas in the game, he doesn't. Mutabrid and Kodokor also have similar cases.
- He is a lot like Helios in many ways as they are both Darkus, they were both the main deuteragonists of their time, both are dragon-like Bakugan covered with spikes, both can combine with other Bakugan, and even share the same voice actor.