Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, Administrators can access a few additional functions.
Administrator abilities Edit
These additional functions are:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A Bureaucrat can make other users into Bureaucrats or Administrators on their own wiki. However, he or she is not currently able to remove admin access from any user; please contact one of the community staff if you need that done.
Some Wikia Staff Members have full access to all Wikia. They will be shown in Special:Listusers/staff on any Wiki. Wikia Janitors have limited administrator access to all Wikia for cleanup purposes. These users will be shown on Special:Listusers/janitor on any Wikia. Please see the Central Wikia Contact Page for details on how to contact Wikia staff.
Who are this Wiki's Administrators? Edit
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given Administrator access automatically. Founders are also given Bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an Administrator or Bureaucrat. For a complete list of users with Administrator access, see Special:Listusers/sysop.
You may also wish to list them on this page.
- Active - These are the best users to contact when you need an Administrator. They log on and edit every day, for most of the day, every day.
- Partially Active - These users log on most of the time. These users are good to contact, but not for emergencies.
- Inactive - Do not contact these users. They do not log on at all. They will be demoted soon. Whether or not they will keep their rights is currently being/has been discussed.
- Away - These users are currently away. (e.g. on vacation.), and their temporary inactivity has been excused.
|Administrator name||Signature prototype||Promotion date||Time zone||Status|
|Abce2|Talk 'Other things"||01:33, July 16, 2009||CST - 6||Active|
|The fear of the worst is greater than the actual danger.||01:19, February 20, 2010||UTC-05 (CDT)||Active|
|Détruire tout, c'est une obligation...||15:24, March 11, 2012||GMT-8 (PST)||Active|
|DQ13 ~ In death, in life.||19:57, September 12, 2010||UTC-5 (EST)||Active|
|Other might tear us apart... But, we will live and die as a family!||00:44, April 30, 2011||(Place timezone here)||Partially Active|
|Zachattack31 (talk)||21:09, September 30, 2011||(Place timezone here)||Active|
How do I use administrator powers? Edit
See the Administrators' How-To Guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an administrator Edit
For you to become an Administrator, someone with Bureaucrat access must make you one. On larger Wikia, there will usually be a community page for requests, with a page name such as "Bakugan Wiki:Requests for adminship". On a smaller wiki, you may simply ask on the community portal or Forum, or ask a Bureaucrat directly on his or her talk page.
If there are no active Bureaucrats and you wish to become an Administrator, please contact the community staff on the Central Wikia.
What can Administrators not do? Edit
Administrators should not use their Administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an Administrator shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal Administrator is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.