|“||Cool is the rule, dude!||”|
—Akwimos, Various episodes
|First appearance||Phantom Data Attack|
|Voiced by||Joe Motiki|
Akwimos can create attacks using water energy balls. When his claws are tucked under both of his hands, he can nullify the powers of the Gate Card. He has little water jets on his waist. His friends may say he is very comical and funny, but if it comes to an underwater battle no one can beat him. His Battle Gear is Gigarth.
His digital clone appeared in True Colours to fight Linehalt and won after a long battle using Gigarth. After it beat Ren, Ren shows the brawlers what his Gundalian body looked like and established that they were not friends anymore.
In Hostile Takeover, Marucho programmed the digital Akwimos to speak. He programmed it with a laid back personality. The computer came up with the random phrase "Cool is the Rule, Dude" and he followed Drago around repeatedly saying that phrase, making Drago annoyed and the Brawlers puzzled. Later Fabia gave the brawlers the original bakugan that the digital clones were based on. Akwimos got along quickly with Marucho. He found the digital Akwimos's phrase nice, and it has since become his catchphrase. He fought Rubanoid and Buz Hornix alongside the real Coredem and won by using Gigarth.
He appeared again in Decoy Unit along with Coredem and battled Strikeflier and Avior. After failing to beat Strikeflier, Marucho had Akwimos use "Elemental Blue" to create a wall of ice so he could freeze the opponents in their place so Marucho and Jake could get the chance to leave.
In The Secret of the Orb, Akwimos battled with Aranaut against both Linehalt and Sabator. However, before they finished their battle, the Sacred Orb sent out a dimensional twister and ended the battle.
In Infiltrated, Akwimos attacked Gundalia Castle alongside Dragonoid Colossus, Hawktor; and Blitz Dragonoid. After they entered the castle, Akwimos, Marucho, Hawktor and Shun were separated from Dan and Drago, who had been trapped somewhere in the castle. They escaped and battled Strikeflier and Krakix. They knocked out Strikeflier but were unable to defeat Krakix.
In Jake's Last Stand, he battled Coredem, who had used Rock Hammer. He also used Gigarth and ended the battle in a draw.
In Dream Escape, he continued his battle with Strikeflier, but retreated with Marucho due to seeing Dan and Jake.
In Gundalian Showdown, he battled Lumagrowl, Lythirus, Krakix and Strikeflier alongside Blitz Dragonoid, Dragonoid Colossus, Hawktor, Aranaut, Linehalt and Coredem.
- Ability Cards
- Heal Blue: Nullifies the opponent's ability and adds 300 Gs to every Bakugan on your team. (Aquos, Darkus)
- Ninja Eraser: Nullifies the opponent's Gate Card.
- Spiral Crasher (Spiral Pressure): Adds 400 Gs to Akwimos.
- Shadow Pincer (Shadow Claw): Adds 300 Gs to Akwimos.
- Depth World: Adds 400 Gs to Akwimos.
- Shadow Pincer Double (Shadow Claw Double): Transfers 300 Gs from the opponent to Akwimos.
- Ocean Booster: Adds 300 Gs to Akwimos.
- Loop Defense: Adds 300 Gs to every Bakugan on your team.
- Elemental Blue: Freezes the opponent and makes the brawl a tie.
Akwimos, released in Wave 2, can be found in all Attributes. Akwimos is also one of the trickiest Bakugan to fold up. If it is not folded correctly from the start you have to start all over again. To equip Battle Gear you have to pull down its arms.
An Aquos version comes in 4 variations: 800 Gs and 680 Gs in BakuBoost and in a game pack with 670 Gs. It comes with 780 Gs in BakuTriad. A Darkus version can be seen on the BakuPoster with 750 Gs. A Pyrus version has 640 Gs and 660 Gs. A Subterra version is common in BakuTriad packs and BakuBoost and it has 790 Gs. A Ventus version in Bakuboost has 750 Gs. A Clear version has 660 Gs and 800 Gs.
- He is the first of Marucho's Guardian Bakugan that is unable to change its Attribute without a Gate Card or an Ability Card.
- Akwimos and Splight were the only Wave 2 Bakugan featured on moves in Bakugan Dimensions.
- Akwimos speaks with a Kansai Accent (Kansai-ben) in the Japanese version.